HAND MADE CARDS
Shabby Chic Vintage Style Gift Tag
This beautiful shabby chic gift tag was created using partly recycled materials. As a card base I used cardstock from some kind of packaging that I had saved for crafting and I upcycled old book pages as well. It's super easy to make these tags and they are really pretty as gift tags, so why not make these tags even more than just one, and you'll have a stash of gift tags whenever they are needed! They are great for birthdays or thank you gifts. You can write your sentiment to the backside of the tag.
To see how I made this mixed media gift tag, click the link to Youtube time lapse video tutorial at the end of this page.
LIST OF SUPPLIES
- cardstoc for the card base
- white gesso
- stamps and a foam dauber
- piece of paper torn from old books
- glue stick
- hole punch
- cheese cloth
- white pva craft glue
- I used a home made watch embellishment (I'm going to make another video and post instructions later on about how to make these embellishments) but you could cut out a watch from scrapbooking papers or use a die cut or any kind of ephemera instead
- foam tape or foam squares
- silk flowers or paper flowers
- resin gems
- a pen or a stamp for adding your sentiment to the backside of the gift tag
HOW TO MAKE THIS SHABBY CHIC GIFT TAG
I started with making the card base look shabby using white gesso and various stamps including an embossing folder that I used as a stamp. This way I created background that is random and neat at the same time. Next I joined two pieces of old book pages and glued them down with a glue stick. I adhered cheese cloth and other embellishments with PVA glue and the watch with foam scuares to make it look more dimensional.
Watch a Youtube time lapse video tutorial (length 4:12) on the process of how to make this gift tag:
More paper craft ideas and inspiration:
© Auer Media