ROMANTIC HOLIDAY CARD
Make an elegant, romantic Holiday/Christmas card using lace flowers, pom pom trim and tiny gems. White pom pom trim adds a little bit of playfulness to this card and reminds of little snowballs! It's beautiful, it's simple and it's easy to make!
LIST OF SUPPLIES
- milk white card base, size 15x15 cm (about 6x6 inches)
- 2 x wintry looking designer paper, I used Silent Night 6x6" block, that's probably not available any more
- craft glue, hot glue and/or double sided tape
- thin cardboard or foam tape to be used between layers
- lace flower and leaves
- silver glitter mesh or lace, about 4 cm/1,5 inches wide
- white mini pom pom trim, 15 cm/6 inches
- sewing machine and yarn (optional)
- wooden "twig" embellishment, chipboard or diecut
- small snowflake pearl decorations or flatback pearls
- very small gems and glue or gel medium (or gem stickers)
- sentiment: I made my "Winter Wishes" oval sentiment embellishment using an oval punch, scallop scissors and 0.2 pigment marker - you can use whatever you have!
HOW TO MAKE A ROMANTIC CARD WITH LACE FLOWERS
If you like, you'll find a super quick (about 3 minutes) card making tutorial and detailed photos on Youtube: How to Make a Romantic Shabby Chic Holiday Card with Lace and Pompom
Cut the papers to the right size and distress the edges with scissors if you like the shabby chic look of this card. Adhere the pom pom trim and mesh with your sewing machine, if you have one - it's super easy and you'll get a beautiful stich around the card at the same time. Of course, you can also use glue.
Use thin cardboard or foamtape between layers to make the card more dimensional. Add lace flowers, leaves, wooden embellisment and gems with hot glue, craft glue or gel medium. You can also use stickers.
CARD MAKING TUTORIAL
Youtube video tutorial:
Christmas & Holiday crafts and ideas:
© Auer Media 2018-12-04
Joy to the world! New Christmas updates every week!